Thursday, January 22, 2009

Centerpiece Idea



I had this idea today! Well, actually I've seen it done a few times and I really liked it! The basic idea is to fill a clear vase with fruit. This picture shows Granny Smith apples, but I practiced today with limes and I really liked it! I only used limes because I don't have a vase big enough for the apples, but once it was done I was pretty impressed! This is what I'm thinking: fill the vase with fruit, then fill with water so they float. THEN place a floating flower on top! I bought the vase & the fake floating flower at the dollar store today - cost $2.00. Then I walked over to Winn-Dixie and bought about 10 limes for 30 cents a pc. Total cost for a very pretty centerpiece - $5.00!!!! I'm thinking this is definitely the way to go on a budget! I'm so excited!! :)

2 comments:

  1. I like these!!! I have all the vases from the candy table that you can use if you want. They are all different shapes and sizes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea! And think of all the margaritas post-ceremony~
    Let me know if I can help with anything. I'm not terribly crafty, but I think I can manage limes/water/flower in a vase!
    ♥ E.

    ReplyDelete